Jane Ehrman is a national speaker and has presented at numerous health and medical seminars, conferences, retreats, and professional conventions. Upcoming and recent speaking engagements and topics are listed below. CV available upon request. To schedule a speaking engagement, contact Jane.
The following are being provided to a private, national corporate group:
- Feb 3 - “The Role of Guided Imagery in Recovery and Healing Long COVID”
- Description: The focus of this webinar is to understand what guided imagery is, the evidence-based benefits, and how to include imagery to effectively relieve some Long COVID (LC) symptoms such as: stress, anxiety, fatigue and difficulty sleeping. The session includes an experiential guided imagery meditation.
- Feb 10 - “Healing Long COVID-related Emotions: Fear, Anger, Guilt and Shame”
- Description: Persons living with LC often report feeling caught up in these uncomfortable feelings. When held in, these emotions can contribute to high blood pressure, chronic inflammation, chronic stress, anxiety, heart disease, depression, irritable bowel, recurrent headaches and more. Learn effective ways to address these normal emotions, express and release in healthy ways. The session includes an experiential guided imagery meditation.
- Feb 17 - “Recovery from Long COVID: Enjoying Eating Again”
- Description: The cells in your body have memory. For those experiencing loss of taste and smell, if you have tasted a lemon, your cells remember the sweet/tartness of the juice and how your mouth watered. Perhaps now just thinking of a juicy lemon causes this response. Guided imagery is an effective practice to learn how to reawaken your sense of taste and smell and help your body return to normal function.
- Dealing with Post-COVID: Guided imagery is also a very effective practice to reduce and stop nausea and vomiting. The guided imagery meditation includes addressing taste and smell and nausea and vomiting.
- Feb 24 - “Healing and Recovery from Long COVID: Guided Imagery for Heart and Lungs”
- Description: Some individuals with LC have experienced difficulty breathing comfortably, chronic cough and may also focus on their heart function in ways that increase their stress and cause anxiety. What we give attention to, grows. Research shows that practicing meditation and guided imagery can relieve stress, reduce anxiety, contribute to more comfortable breathing and help to regulate the heart’s rhythm. This session includes an experiential guided imagery meditation.
- Mar 3 - “Remembered Wellness: To Heal and Recover”
- Description: When we are sick or don't feel well, we naturally recall times when we felt energetic, strong, capable and having vibrant health. Research shows when we purposely recall and imagine those positive times and experiences, the cells of our body-mind are reactivated, and we feel better. Learn how to use guided imagery to help re-awaken your vibrant energy. This session includes an experiential guided imagery meditation.
Past Presentations, Workshops, Retreats
- Jan. 7 - “Taking Responsibility: Your ability to respond”, Health Action Council, national team
- Jan. 13 - “Self-Care Tools and Practices to Enhance Your Well-being”, Ursuline College, Residents Staff
- Jan. 14 - “Developing Resilience and Moving Forward”, Health Action Council, national team
- Feb. 11 - “Am I Operating at Peak Performance?”, Ursuline College Athletes
- Feb. 16 - “Effectively Managing Time”, Health Action Council, national team
- Feb. 17 - “Guided Imagery: The Science and Benefits”, Humana Employees Lunch & Learn Series
- Feb. 24 - “Guided Imagery: Create Inner-Calm in Chaos”, Humana Employees
- Mar. 3 - “Making Health Choices: Mind-Body Practices”, Humana Employees, 03/03
- Mar. 10 - “Greater Appreciation for Differences for a More Equitable World”, Humana Employees
- Mar. 18 - “Personal Wellness: Where are you now?”, Health Action Council, national team
- Apr. 7 - “Am I Operating at Peak Performance?”, WELD Cleveland Leadership Series
- Apr. 15 - Health Action Council, national team
- May 13 - Health Action Council, national team
- Oct 15 - “Stress Management, Self-Care & Resiliency”, Cleveland Clinic Nursing Institute, Cleveland, OH.
- Oct. 21 & 22 - “Self-Care for Healthcare: Tools and Practices to Enhance Your Well-Being”, Ursuline College Graduate School of Nursing webinar for professional caregivers. Cleveland, OH
- Nov. 19 - “Self-Care Tools and Practices to Enhance Your Well-Being”, Ursuline College Faculty and Staff, Cleveland, OH
- Dec. 4 - “Creating Calm in the Midst of Chaos”, Team Training #1, Health Action Council, Cleveland, OH
- Dec. 20 - “Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Routine”, Team Training #2, Health Action Council, Cleveland, OH
March 10-14 - Wespath, Clergy Benefits Academy, Princeton, NJ
March 20, Donaldson Way Elementary faculty and staff, American Canyon, CA
April 11 - Podcast "Compassion Fatigue and Burnout in the Helping Professions”, Stress Stop
April 24 - “Resilience”, Great Plains UMC Annual Conference, Salinas, KS
Aug 12 - Donaldson Way Elementary, teachers and staff in-service. NVUSD, Napa, CA
Oct. 23 - Donaldson Way Elementary, NVUSD, Napa, CA
Oct. 27 - 31- Wespath RevitUp!, Baltimore, MD
Nov. 10-14 - Wespath, Clergy Benefits Academy, Myrtle Beach, SC
- Dec 19 - “Reducing Holiday Stress”, Humana Healthcare Providers, Webinar
- Jan. 8 - “Going from Stressed Out to Stress Resilient”, Ginn Academy faculty and staff, Cleveland, OH
- Jan. 19 - “Healing for the Healers”, Akron Children’s Hosp. chaplains, Akron, OH
- Feb. 8 - “Stress Relief Tools to Reduce Anxiety”, Menorah Park Brain Health, Beachwood, OH
- Feb. 15 - “Meditation Practices to Improve Focus and Concentration, Menorah Park Brain Health, Beachwood, OH
- Feb. 16 - “Stress Resilience: Avoiding Compassion Fatigue”, Child Life Specialists, Cleveland Clinic, Hillcrest Hospital Cleveland, OH
- Feb. 19 - 22 - “Chill ’N Refill: Avoid Becoming an Empty Cup”, Clergy Benefits Academy, WesPath. Myrtle Beach, SC
- Mar. 5 - “Creating Peak Performance and Stress Resilience”, Professional Development, Menorah Park, Beachwood, OH
- Mar. 14 - “Achieving Peak Performance”, Assoc. Napa California School Administrators, Napa, CA
- Mar. 15 - “Stress Resilience: Avoiding Compassion Fatigue”, Special Education teachers and Para-educators, Napa, CA
- Mar. 16 - “Mindful Meditation: Evidence-based benefits for students and educators”, Napa Valley Student Wellness Conference, Napa, CA
- April 26 - "Meditation Practices to Improve Focus and Concentration", Mind Spa at Menorah Park, Beachwood, OH
- May 3 - "Meditation 101", Mind Spa at Menorah Park, Beachwood, OH
August 13 - “Resilience: The ability to flourish under pressure”, Professional development in-service, Donaldson Way Elementary School, Napa, CA
August 13 - “Honing the Mental Edge for Peak Performance”, Athletic coaches and athletes retreat, Vintage High School, Napa, CA
October 5 - “Mindfulness Practice to Enhance Learning” Professional development in-service, Forest Hill Elementary School, Akron, OH
October 24 - “Tapping into the Best in Yourself: Healing and Recovery Post-Injury”, Professional development in-service, North Bay Schools Insurance Authority, Fairfield, CA
October 24 - “Compassion Fatigue and Burnout: Avoid Becoming an Empty Cup”, Professional development in-service, North Bay Schools Insurance Authority, Fairfield, CA
- October 29 - 31 - "Chill ’N Refill: Avoid Becoming an Empty Cup", WesPath Clergy Benefits Academy, Lied Lodge, Nebraska City, NE
- November 12 - 14 - "Keys to Peak Performance and Stress Resilience", WesPath RevitUp! Pensacola, FL
- November 17 - “Improving Your Health and Wellness Is Possible and Easy”, Hope United Methodist Church Wellness Retreat, Bedford, OH
- June 19: “Chill ’N Refill: Avoid becoming an empty cup”, professional workshop at Menorah Park, Cleveland, OH
- June 30: “Brain Wellness”, at Lakeside Chautauqua, summer education series, Lakeside, OH
- July 14: “Guided Imagery for Health and Healing”, at Lakeside Chautauqua, summer education series, Lakeside, OH
- July 19: "Avoiding Burnout in Your First Year of Teaching”, Cleveland Metropolitan School District
- Aug 1: “Chill ‘n Refill”, at Napa Valley Unified School District, Napa, CA – faculty/staff in-service
- Aug 29: “How Meditation Can Help Your Child in School”, Free wellness lecture, Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute, Lyndhurst Campus auditorium, 7pm – 8pm
- Sep 13: “Creating Peak Performance Through Effective Self-Care” a Professional in-service at Menorah Park, Beachwood, OH
- Sept. 29 - “How to Be Stress Resilient”, Connected Women Succeed Conference, Parkside Church, Chagrin Falls, OH
- Oct 13: “Creating Peak Performance Through Effective Self-Care”, at Cuyahoga County Developmental Disabilities staff training, Cleveland, OH
- Oct. 19 - "Improving Your Brain Health, Part 1”, Brain Wellness at Menorah Park, Beachwood, OH
- Oct. 20 - "Caregivers and Stress”, Braeview Care & Rehab Center, Euclid, OH
- Oct. 21 - “Go From Stressed Out to Stress Resilient”, Cleveland, Teach for America Summit, Cleveland, OH
- Oct. 26 - “Improving Your Brain Health, Part 2”, Brain Wellness at Menorah Park, Beachwood, OH
- Nov. 3 - “First Responders: Effectively Avoid or Recover From Compassion Fatigue”, STEMMI Summit, Avon Hospital, Cleveland Clinic, Avon, OH
- Nov. 7 - “Go From Stressed Out to Stress Resilient”, Ginn Academy Faculty and Staff In-Service, Cleveland, OH.
- Nov. 7 - "Going From Stressed Out to Stress Resilient”, Forest Hill Elementary Professional Development. Akron, OH
- Nov. 15 - “Chill ’N Refill: Create Life Balance and Avoid Compassion Fatigue”, General Board of Pension and Health Benefits, REVITUP! Conference, Pensacola, FL
Clinical, Corporate and Lay Presentation Topics
- Self-Care and Wellness
- Stress Management and Stress Relief
- Stress Relief for Caregivers (Clinical only)
- Motivational Interview Training (Clinical only)
- Creating Life Balance
- Coping With Change in the Workplace
- Dealing with Uncomfortable Feelings at Work
- Effective Ways to Manage and Relieve Stress
- Stress Relief for Caregivers (family/loved ones)
- The Healing Power of Forgiveness
- The Power of the Breath
- Wellness in the 21st Century – 3 Essential Tools
- 'The Top 10 Things Cancer Taught Me' (Survivorship)
- 'Spirituality: The Key to Healing" This presentation is not about religion. It is about our 'spirit' in the broader sense.'
- 'Prayer Beads: A Comprehensive Way to Pray'
- 'Turning Crisis Into Opportunity'
- Keys to Healing: A Wellness Retreat for those with Serious Illness
- A Day Away: Wellness Retreat for Women
- Spirituality and Healing (Not about religion, but our ‘spirit’ in the broader sense)
Contact Jane for presentation details, fees and availability.