- American Counseling Association
- Academy for Guided Imagery
- Wellness Institute, Issaquah, WA
- Institute of NOETIC Sciences
- Hoffman Institute
- Cleveland Clinic, Wellness Institute
About Jane Ehrman
I came to the field of mind-body medicine after being diagnosed with breast cancer in 1988. Initially, my therapist taught me to use guided imagery to stop the side effects of chemotherapy, but I came to recognize that my perceptions about the cancer, the treatment and my life could be significant barriers to being well again. The imagery work enabled me to face my fears, look closely at how to best meet my needs and make the lifestyle changes necessary to be well and even healthier than before the cancer.
Learning and practicing self-hypnosis and guided imagery helped me connect with my inner strength, wisdom and my ability to tap into the best of myself in a most life-challenging situation. As a result, I continue to move forward with my life, find greater meaning and purpose and live my life fully.
I was able to take the best of what medical science and technology had to offer and combine it with my inner resources toward the best possible outcome. The experience was profound. As others witnessed the changes in me, they asked for help. It became clear to me that my work moving forward was to help others learn how to achieve their best possible outcome.
I believe the answers to so many of our challenges lie within us. If you want to move through your experiences with empowerment, strength and wisdom, I welcome the opportunity to work with you, toward your best possible outcome.
Training & Education
Post Secondary Course Work
- Harvard University Medical School, Mind-Body Medical Institute, Boston, MA
- Academy for Guided Imagery, Los Angeles, CA
- Heart-Centered Hypnotherapy, Wellness Institute, Issaquah, WA
- Ohio Institute of Medical Hypnosis
- Certified Health Education Specialist, National Commission for Health Education Credentialing
- Advanced Clinical Hypnotherapist, Heart-Centered Hypnotherapy, Wellness Institute, Issaquah, WA
- Board Certified Diplomat in Clinical Hypnotherapy National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists
- Certified - Interactive Guided Imagery, Academy for Guided Imagery
- Certified Intrinsic Wellness Coach, Totally Coached, Inc.
- Certified Group Support Facilitator, Dr. Dean Ornish Spectrum Program
- Master of Education, with an emphasis on Mind/Body Medicine Pennsylvania State University
- Bachelor of Arts in Health Education, Youngstown State University