A one-on-one experience, in which the client and practitioner explore the client's inner world of thoughts and feelings through imagery, to realize insights and identify solutions toward achieving goals for healing and personal growth.
Clinical Applications of Interactive Guided Imagery
- Child birthing & high-risk pregnancy
- Cancer treatment & recovery issues
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Life transition issues
- Acute & chronic pain management
- Performance anxiety - students, musicians and athletes
- Stress-related illnesses & conditions such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Headaches, Insomnia, et al.
- Fertility and Menopause issues
- Pre & post-surgical procedures
- Lifestyle changes
- Grief and loss issues
- End of life issues
Some of the evidence-based benefits of hypnosis and imagery include:
- Reduces stress, Increases sense of calm, peace of mind & positive energy
- Balances the immune response
- Manages acute and chronic pain
- Reduces chemotherapy side-effects
- Reduces blood loss & complications from surgery
- Speeds healing and recovery time
- Promotes sleep Reduces fear and anxiety
- Improves fertility
- Improves personal empowerment and self-mastery
- Improves creativity & problem-solving
- Enhances child birthing experience
About Guided Imagery
Guided imagery is a mind/body practice that enables you to use your imagination in positive and healing ways. Imagery is purposeful daydreaming. Many refer to imagery as visualization, though imagery incorporates all of the senses to some degree. Guided imagery, hypnosis and relaxation have long been established, through rigorous research, as beneficial practices. Some of the benefits of these include: Relieve stress, reduce pain and treatment side-effects, improve skills and memory recall, re-balance the immune system, speed healing and recovery from surgery.
You have powerful inner resources that, when cultivated, enable you to bring the best of yourself to whatever health or life circumstances you experience. Some of your inner resources include: Wisdom, intuition and insight, resilience, strength and determination, and courage. Imagery can help you to tap into these and other inner qualities to help you move through life experiences more effectively, successfully and comfortably. I believe the answers to many of our challenges are within us. My role is to help you tap into your inner resources, and obtain the information and insight necessary to effectively deal with your situation. Then, coach you to follow through toward the best possible outcome.